Over the past month, the Fairwinds development team has released a number of updates to Insights, including our new design Vulnerability Explorer that helps teams mitigate risk.
Spotlight on Vulnerability Explorer
The updated Vulnerabilities Explorer makes it easy for teams to understand high-level risks and address those with the greatest impact. (Watch the video tour). Fairwinds Insights identifies top CVEs, riskiest workloads, and most vulnerable container packages. Teams can also choose to view data by images or by vulnerabilities, allowing them to focus on the most relevant context. Vulnerability Explorer further saves time by providing automated upgrade recommendations with a predicted number of vulnerability reductions.
Insights Release Notes
- Fairwinds Insights Details link in public repositories redirects to new Repositories page
- New Insights CI script version 2.1.0 recommended when Log in manually add repositories flow
- Captcha added for registration and support pages
- Columns are now fully expandable in the action items table
- Fixed Organization drop-down menu in left navigation when visiting User Settings pages
- Fixed ISO27001 drop-down list in the Compliance reports
- Insights Agent 2.6 is now recommended in Install Hub
Redesigned Vulnerabilities page that allows teams to understand risks at a high level and address those that have the most impact. The All Images tab allows organizations to see which images pose a higher risk while the All Vulnerabilities tab helps users determine if they have been affected by certain vulnerabilities.
Pluto in admission controller
Pluto has been enabled in the admission controller. Admissions requests will create low and medium severity action items if outdated or deleted Kubernetes resources are used. To learn more about configuring reports in the admission controller, see the Install Hub and Policies documentation.
Bug fixes and improvements 8.10-9.6
- Settings button in repositories allows easier access to enable/disable auto-scan
- Action Items table in Repositories now has a File Name column
- The Cluster drop-down menu at the top left has been fixed on several pages
- New user passwords require numbers, letters, and symbols
- Code copy now works correctly when you select Connect manually in repositories
- Fixed errors in Efficiency > Workloads page when graphs are empty
- Fixed autoscan toggle in repositories
- Event ID in action item array is now event type
- In the Overview of clusters page, Insights version has been changed to Agent version
- Updated recommended version of Insights agent to 2.4
- Viewers can now see logs in automation
- Fixed link to vulnerability for Jira issues
- Added description and fix for action item Only one replica is scheduled
- OPA policies now have the correct event type
- Improved accessibility in Insights
- Added export option for repository action items
- Fixed links to documentation
- Clusters page loading improvements
Read it full release notes here.
*** This is a syndicated blog from the Security Bloggers Network of Fairwinds | Blog written by Dakoda Wogan. Read the original post at: https://www.fairwinds.com/blog/fairwinds-insights-release-notes-8.10-9.6