This tutorial is about how to block devices from your WiFi network. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to block devices from your WiFi network. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to block devices from your WiFi network
Wi-Fi is a wireless networking technology that allows devices such as computers (laptops and desktops), mobile devices (smartphones and wearables), and other devices (printers and video cameras) to connect to the internet. It allows these devices, and many others, to share information with each other, creating a network. The Internet connection is via a wireless router.
When you access Wi-Fi, you connect to a wireless router that allows your Wi-Fi enabled devices to connect to the Internet. This method is basically for PC users as it works through an excellent tool that has the power to detect any device connected to your WiFi network and then it can block selected devices from your WiFi. You just need to follow a few manageable steps which I have discussed below.
How to block devices from your Wi-Fi network
- First, you need to download WifiGuard for Windows. Download and install it on your Windows computer, and you need to select your preferred language to get started.
- Now you need to get the MAC address of all the devices that are currently connecting to your WiFi network and for that you need to click on File > Settings.
- Now from network adapter you need to select your WiFi adapter (the one you are connected to), usually it looks like 192.168.1.1.
- Now start scanning devices and you will see the list of all devices currently connected to your WiFi, note the MAC address of devices that only belong to you and anyone you share your WiFi with.
- Now apply the MAC filter on your router, this will allow only selected devices to connect to your wifi network, for a complete guide please visit our article: Allow selected devices to connect to your wifi.
- MAC filter will now be enabled, and only devices listed in the router settings will now have access to your WiFi network, and no others will be able to connect to your WiFi.
Final words: How to block devices from your Wi-Fi network
Hope you understand this article How to block devices from your WiFi network, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.