Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is one of the most popular first-person shooter games on Windows. But as with many online games, it unfortunately suffers from connection errors from time to time. One of these errors occurs when the game gets stuck on the “Connecting to CS:GO Network” screen.
The error mostly results from a weak internet connection, but sometimes a glitch in the app can also be the culprit. In this article, we will look at what this error is and how you can overcome it.
Why am I stuck on “Connecting to CS:GO network”?
The “CS:GO network connection” problem is one of the most widespread in the game. This error mainly appears when there is a problem in your current network connection. However, you can also experience the problem due to corrupted game files, misconfigured network settings or VPN service.
Whether it’s due to network issues or glitches in the app, we’re here to help. Here are six ways to troubleshoot the “CS:GO network connection” hangup.
1. Try to perform basic repairs
Before diving into technical fixes, make sure to restart the game at least once. It is possible that the error appears due to a temporary glitch in the game. To fix this issue, consider restarting the game.
Connection errors in any online game are often the result of a weak internet connection. You can confirm this by visiting an internet speed check website.
If the result indicates that you are connected to an unstable or weak connection, consider restarting your network devices. You can also contact your ISP if restarting the network device does not resolve your slow speeds.
The next thing you should check is CS:GO’s server status. You can check this by visiting websites like Downdetector.
If the CS:GO servers are down, that means the problem is with Valve’s servers, not your hardware. The only solution is to wait for the servers to become operational again.
2. Enable Data Execution Prevention
Data Execution Prevention is a memory protection feature that stops malicious code exploits. It keeps an eye on specific memory regions and prevents them from executing malicious codes.
You can solve the “CS:GO network connection” problem by simply enabling DEP on your computer. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings menu by pressing the Win + I keyboard shortcuts.
- Picking out System of the left panel.
- Select About.
- Click on Advanced system settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click the Settings button under the Performance section.
- Go to Data Execution Prevention tongue.
- Select the Enable DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Click on Apply > OKAY.
3. Temporarily disable all security programs
An overzealous security program can also be the cause of this connection problem in CSGO. The security program may interfere with game servers and cause problems.
The solution in this case is to temporarily disable the abt security program. You can usually do this by right-clicking the security app icon in the taskbar and choosing “Disable” from the context menu. If you are unsure how to do this, refer to your security program vendor’s documentation.
If you’re using Windows Defender as your default security app, here’s how to disable it:
- Open the Start menu by pressing the key To win key.
- Type Windows Security and press Enter.
- Picking out Protection against viruses and threats.
- Select Manage settings below Virus and threat protection settings.
- Disable the toggle next to Real-time protection.
Relaunch the game and find the problem.
4. Switch to Google’s Public DNS
The next solution on the list is to change DNS. Although there are many DNS service providers, we recommend switching to Google’s public DNS, which is ideal for playing online games.
To switch to Google’s public DNS, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Settings menu and choose Network & Internet of the left panel.
- Move towards Advanced network settings > More network adapter options.
- Select your connection, right click and choose Properties.
- Check it Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties.
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Type 126.96.36.199 in the Preferred DNS Server and 188.8.131.52 in the Alternate DNS server.
- Click on OKAY.
Launch the game and check if you are still facing the issue.
5. Repair CS:GO Files
The “CS:GO network connection” problem can also be caused by corrupted CS:GO files. The solution, in this case, is to repair the game files.
Here is how to repair CS:GO files:
- Open Steam and go to Library tongue.
- Right-click on CS:GO in the games list and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Select local fileso what, Verify integrity of game files.
Steam will now analyze the game and replace corrupt files with working ones.
6. Check your proxy settings
You may experience connection issues in CS:GO if you are using irregular network settings. First, temporarily disable any VPN you have installed. If you don’t know how to disable it, consider consulting its documentation page.
You can also uninstall the VPN from your computer if you don’t use it often. After that, disable your proxy settings. Here’s how:
- Open Settings and head to Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Disable the Use a proxy server to toggle.
7. Reset Windows Network Settings
If none of the above fixes helped, you can try resetting network settings. But be sure to follow this step as a last resort, as it will reinstall all your network adapters and restore other network components to their original settings.
To reset network settings:
- Open Settings > Network & Internet.
- Picking out Advanced network settings so what Network Reset.
- Click it reset now button.
- Click on Yes to the UAC that appears to confirm your selection.
Restart your system and check for the problem.
Fixed CS:GO connection error
CS:GO is one of the best first person shooter games to kill your free time. But sometimes weak internet connection, misconfigured network settings or corrupted files can cause “CS:GO network connection” problem. Luckily, you can fix this problem quickly by trying the fixes above.
Sometimes the microphone may become unresponsive in CS:GO. In such situations, there are ways to solve this problem.