Sony had announced a partnership with Discord in 2021, with the company making a minority investment in the messaging app. Now PlayStation Network users will be able to connect their accounts to Discord and show their friends which PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 games they are currently playing. Here’s how to link your PlayStation Network and Discord accounts.
How to link your PlayStation Network and Discord accounts
- Open Discord from the desktop app, web browser, or on mobile.
- Click the gear icon next to your profile name in the sidebar to User settings on computer or browser. On mobile, tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to open the sidebar, then tap your profile picture on the bottom icon bar to open the sidebar. User settings menu.
- To select Connections.
- Select the PlayStation Network icon from the row of different account icons. On mobile, tap To add then select PlayStation Network from the list.
- A browser window will open to sign in to your PlayStation Network account. Log in and the window will close.
- PSN and Discord accounts are now connected, and you have two toggle options for the PSN account on the Connections page: Show on profile and Show PlayStation Network as status.
Connecting accounts will display the PS5 or PS4 game you are currently playing on your Discord servers, but may require a few additional settings on your PlayStation Network account to change if it does not initially display. Your PSN account privacy settings should be set to Anybody under both PSN Online Status and Now Playing visibility choice.
That’s all you need to do to link your PlayStation Network and Discord accounts. Make sure you get one of the best wireless PS5 headsets that can also work with your computer or smartphone when teaming up with friends playing on different platforms.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.