MIL Corporation is hiring now!
Let your imagination soar by supporting the Naval Air Warfare Center (NAWCAD) Aviation Division. Are you looking for a job that stimulates your mind, challenges your skills and satisfies your curiosity? MIL currently holds several multi-year contracts with NAWCAD in the areas of Cyber Systems, C5ISR and Information Technology.
The MIL Company search a Information Systems and Cybersecurity, Senior Analyst, which will serve as Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to support a federal government customer at our St. Inigoes, MD location. This position may be eligible for some remote work depending on contract/client and hiring manager approval.
The ISSE will apply RMF principles of systems and knowledge of information technology (IT) systems to investigate, analyze, plan, implement, evaluate and validate cybersecurity for information processing systems.
- Perform security analysis of applications, systems, and enclaves to comply with security requirements.
- Use a variety of security techniques, technologies, and tools to assess security posture in highly complex IT systems and networks.
- Configure systems to meet cybersecurity and network requirements.
- Gather and organize technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs and make recommendations to improve the existing security posture.
- Gather required documentation as directed by ISSM/ISSO for RMF packages.
- Adapt the security controls from NIST SP 800-53 rev 4 for the system.
- Version control for STIG and security tools
- Assess security controls, implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), run Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans of security tool in accordance with RMF process.
- Apply updates, patches and STIGs to Windows workstations, servers and other network equipment.
- Create diagrams of system authorization boundaries encompassing traceability to hardware, firmware, software, and ports, protocols, and services (PPS) lists.
- Prepare and deliver technical briefings during meetings with internal and external representatives.
- Interact frequently with internal staff and external representatives at various levels.
- Coordinate with field activities, obtain statutes and provide FMR advice
- Security + or higher level of DoD 8570 certification.
- 5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (see below); 3 years of related experience with a master’s degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of IT and OT protocols such as IP/TCP, SSL/TL and network interfaces.
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct experience in technical information assurance activities of computer systems, five (5) preferred.
- Training or experience in STIG viewer, checklist files and ACAS is required
- Experience with various information technologies, for example, Windows, Cisco and Linux basics
- Solid working knowledge of system engineering and system architecture principles.
- Knowledge of sensor systems, communication systems, LAN/WAN network architecture, network topology and protocols.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to problem solve and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with customer expectations for timeliness
- Ability to communicate effectively during difficult communications and customer interactions
- Travel may be requested.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or your willingness to get vaccinated
- Top Secret Customs Clearance
- FMR experience
- Certifications or experience in related information processing or network system technologies.
Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited college or university, in information technology, cybersecurity, computer science or related discipline. Six (6) years of job-related work experience, or an associate’s degree plus four (4) years of additional job-related work experience, may substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
All candidates for this position must have a Secret Permission; please note that the customs clearance process takes financial aspects into account
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cybersecurity, engineering, financial management and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military, or well into your career in professional services, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
At The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family environment instilled within our team. Our employees love working here, and it really shows through our various recognitions and awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 Best Workplace Awards, The Washington Post (Washington, DC)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work® 2019 and 2018
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Workplace for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy advanced technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Be part of something bigger, where you, the people, make a difference.
MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.