Every business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick list of news, analysis, and discussion from across the managed security service provider ecosystem.
- The contents: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), Threat Hunters and MSP Security Vendors – and those who need to partner to these companies.
- Frequency and format: Every business morning. Usually one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reach our inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thanks in advance for the new tips.
A. Current MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. US Federal Network Security: CISA has published Binding Operational Directive (BOD) 23-01: Improving Asset Visibility and Vulnerability Detection on Federal Networkswhich aims to improve the visibility of assets and the enumeration of vulnerabilities across the federal enterprise.
2. Partnership – Attack surface management: Veristor systems and Randori, an IBM company, have partnered to help customers address growing attack surface risks. The effort involves a unified platform for attack surface management (ASM) and continuous automated red teaming (CART).
3. Partnership – Security clearances: HCLTech and SecurityScorecard have partnered to offer “combined solutions that deliver a holistic approach to security management, improving customers’ ability to see, resolve and communicate risk more effectively,” the two companies said.
4. Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Part One: An identity released Safeguard for Privileged Passwords 7.0 LTS and Identity Manager 9.0 LTS to further strengthen its unified identity security platform. The updates also integrate with OneLogin features.
5. Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Part Two: A Savvynt The Enterprise Identity Cloud (EIC) update addresses key areas of identity governance, cloud privileged access management (CPAM), and identity analytics to help organizations adopt Zero Trust principles, a said the company.
6. Apple Device Security: Kanji launched a Device Harmony platform to address Apple device management, vulnerability management, endpoint detection and response, endpoint visibility, and endpoint compliance.
7. Security Operations Platform: Log Rhythm unveiled LogRhythm Axon, a new cloud-native security operations platform.
8. Exposure Management: Defensible launched Tenable One, an exposure management platform that supports:
- Lumin Exposure View – provides clear and concise information about an organization’s cyber exposure, giving security teams the ability to surface and accurately answer critical security posture questions
- Attack Path Analysis (APA) – allows security teams
- Asset Inventory – provides users with a centralized view of all assets, including IT, cloud, Active Directory, and web applications, with the ability to create specific asset tags from a variety of sources and use cases
9. Funding – Threat Informed Defense Software: Cyber of the tides raised $4 million in funding led by Ultratech Capital Partners.
10. Research: Exploitation in remote services accounted for 52% of ransomware incidents over the past year, Secureworks search indicated.
B. Annual in-person MSSP and cybersecurity conferences