Public Affairs Office
United States Embassy in Mongolia
Call for applications: PAS-Ulaanbaatar-012/FY2022
Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Scholarship Program for Summer 2022
Deadline: 10 a.m. Monday April 25, 2022.
Virtual Learning Opportunities for Overseas English Teachers and Professionals
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar is now accepting applications for the English Professional Network (OPEN) Online Spring Scholarship Program.
The OPEN program offers 8-week online college-level courses in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) developed by American educational institutions.
All courses use the latest educational technologies to provide participants with an interactive distance learning experience and are designed to familiarize participating teachers with current methods and issues in the field of English as a foreign language. The OPEN program also connects participants with American experts in English teaching and creates a professional network of international colleagues.
Please submit the following documents by email to [email protected] before the deadline of 10 a.m. Monday April 25, 2022.
- Completed application form with declaration of intent
- up-to-date resume
Only complete applications accompanied by a CV will be considered for the program.
The Spring OPEN program application form and course description can be downloaded here: …………………
We accept applications for:
Summer term (courses start July 5, 2022; orientation available May 30 to July 1, 2022)
- Content-Based Instruction
- Teaching grammar in a communicative way
- Integrate critical thinking skills in exploring culture within an EFL framework
- TESOL methodology
- Professional Development for Teacher Educators
- Use of educational technology in the English classroom
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI)
- Fostering Student Engagement and Motivation (FSME)
- Creation and implementation of online courses (CIOC)
- Develop and teach academic writing courses
Applicants should be highly motivated teachers, teacher trainers or ministry officials who are both committed to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be an English language professional/teacher or an official in the Ministry/Department of Education
- Have the ability to complete academic work at a US university level (CEFR approximately B2)
- Be a Mongolian citizen
- Live in Mongolia for the duration of the spring term
- Be able to understand and use English technical terms relating to computers and the Internet
- Have regular and reliable access to a high-speed Internet connection and access to a reliable and up-to-date computer
- Have basic technology skills related to creating usernames and passwords, using credentials to log in to secure websites, using email, Internet research and accessing and managing electronic files (eg, pdf, MS Word, Excel), including uploading and downloading files.
- Have regular access (4-5 times per week) to a reliable, internet-enabled device
- Have the ability to type in English well enough to participate in online discussions and submit written assignments in a timely manner
- Have at least 8-10 hours per week to devote to classes
- Be able to spend 10-12 hours online each week for the duration of the 8 week course
- Not hold dual citizenship in the United States
- Be prepared to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your main choice is not available