VIEW Conference 2022 announced the first group of confirmed speakers for the 23rd edition of the premier Italian conference on animation, visual effects, games and computer graphics, which will be held in person in Turin, Italy, and online from 16 to 21st of October.
This year’s event will see most speakers return to attend in person, with professionals, students and enthusiasts also encouraged to attend the event onsite. The OGR, the modern venue in Turin, will host a program of talks, presentations, workshops and masterclasses in what promises to be a dynamic and inclusive atmosphere.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet leading filmmakers, artists and visionaries for an inspiring exchange of ideas and experiences, whether on-site or online. The entire event will also be streamed live for global audiences.
Two program highlights are a special Metaverse Summit and a conference track focused on the revolutionary field of virtual production.
The conference will feature a range of speakers, including:
- Ramsey Naito: President of Nickelodeon Animation and Paramount Animation and producer of The boss baby.
- Roy Conli: Oscar-winning producer to pitch Disney’s next animated feature Strange world.
- Peter Ramsey: The Oscar-winning director will give a talk on the Netflix animated series Ollie lost.
- Shannon Tindle: The creator joins Ramsey in the discussion on ollie lost.
- Rob Minkoff (director): (The Lion King and Mr. Peabody and Sherman) presents Paramount Pictures’ Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.
- Alex Schwartz (executive producer): (Mr. Peabody and Sherman and The Addams Family) joins Minkoff in Paramount Pictures’ presentation Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.
- Kris Perarn: Director of The Willoughbys and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
- Mark Small: Unreal Engine, vice president and general manager of Epic Games.
- Paul Debevec: Director of Research, Creative Algorithms and Technology at Netflix.
- Steve May: Chief Technology Officer of Pixar.
- Eloi Champagne: The interactive storytelling specialist will unveil his work as technical director at the National Film Board of Canada.
- Dylan Sisson: Creative pioneer behind Pixar’s RenderMan.
- Jan-Bart van Beek: The game developer and studio head of Guerilla Games will present Forbidden Horizon Westthe action role-playing game from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Kevin Grow: Insomniac Games lead animator will present Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, the award-winning game developed for the Sony Playstation 5.
Showcasing cutting-edge innovations in visual effects and virtual production are:
- Rob Bredow: Senior Vice President and Chief Creative Officer of Industrial Light & Magic.
- Ben Morris: Creative director of ILM London and Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor.
- Janet Muswell Hamilton: HBO’s Senior Vice President of Visual Effects.
- Jay Worth: The visual effects supervisor will discuss footage from the HBO sci-fi series Westworld.
- Danielle Feinberg: Pixar Animation Studio’s Visual Effects Supervisor will discuss working on turn red.
- Fran Kalal: Pixar Animation Studio’s Simulation and Customization Supervisor will discuss Light year.
“I’m always thrilled when it comes time to reveal the first set of confirmed speakers for the VIEW conference,” said conference director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez. “And this year’s list is exceptional. The wealth of talent represented here is truly impressive, not to mention the enthusiasm that all of our speakers have for sharing their wisdom with students, enthusiasts and professionals. Our speaker list continues to grow at breakneck speed – I can truly guarantee that the full VIEW 2022 conference program will be out of this world!
Register for Free: Pixar Lightyear Creative Team Roundtable on June 28 here.
Wacom Intuos Pro tablet free giveaway ends June 27 – information available here.
Tickets are available with a preferential rate for VIEW Conference 2022 here.
Source: VIEW Conference
Dan Sarto is the publisher and editor of Animation World Network.